Digital documents may be rejected for several reasons; for example, the document may have been an unsupported file type or too blurry to read. Here's what you can do to get the document added to your online account.
Steps to take after a rejection notice:
- Make sure that you only included a single document in a single file (e.g., each image you submit should only contain one receipt).
- Make sure that you submitted the document through an appropriate submission method. For example, the Shoeboxed Receipt and Mileage Tracker is only designed to
process receipts and mileage. If you submitted a business card or other type of
document through the app, that is the cause of rejection. You can use
another method to resubmit the document, such as email.
- Make sure the file you submitted is either PDF, PNG, JPG or GIF. If it is another file type, you can convert it to one of the accepted file types and resubmit it for processing.
- If the file type is one of our accepted types, check that the document is not password protected or otherwise encrypted. Once you've removed any sort of protection, you can resubmit it for processing.
- If the document may not be recognized as an actual document (for example, an image you're trying to store in Shoeboxed), you can upload it through the web uploader and enter the data for it yourself.